#846 FanToHtml parsing bug

jsendra Wed 2 Dec 2009

I've detected a minor error in a web-accessed example. I know Discuss is not the best channel to inform you about the error, but I can't find a more direct/private channel.

• example fwt/desktop In several sentences, ../10 is presented as ..0 (ex r.x0 instead of r.x/10) NOTE.- The downloaded example is ok

I think FanToHtml converter has a bug, so others html traslated examples may be affected.

FanToHtml interprets a "/" char exclusively as an start-comment char, and invokes comment method. Then eat (dicard) first "/", and eats and compare the next with "/" or "*" (it does nothing if it's another char).

source "/10" is interpreted as token stating with "/" (= start comment), and next char "1" is not in set ("/",*"), so eats it.

brian Wed 2 Dec 2009

Renamed from direct-private communication channel (error) to FanToHtml parsing bug

brian Wed 2 Dec 2009

Promoted to ticket #846 and assigned to andy

I've detected a minor error in a web-accessed example. I know Discuss is not the best channel to inform you about the error

This is actually the perfect channel - post a topic, we might discuss it, then it gets turned into a ticket.

lbertrand Wed 2 Dec 2009

Is it not the same issue as `http://fantom.org/sidewalk/topic/768`

brian Wed 2 Dec 2009

Ticket cancelled

actually I think you right - this is a duplicate of #768

Login or Signup to reply.