#2429 [ANN] A Windows Installer for Fantom!

SlimerDude Fri 3 Jul 2015

Have Windows? Want Fantom? Then use the Windows Fantom Installer!

It installs both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Fantom, for normal users and admin users.

https://bitbucket.org/fantomfactory/fantom-windows-installer

Installed Screenshot

The Installer

The installer contains the standard Fantom distribution and unpacks it into the selected directory.

The installer then sets and updates the FAN_HOME and PATH environment variables. If Fantom is installed for "just me" then the user's environment variables are set. If installed for "All Users" then the System environment variables are updated.

If installed on a 64 bit system then a 64 bit version of the swt.jar is installed into the lib\java\ext\win32-x86_64 directory, and all \bin\*.exe files are replaced with *.cmd files. See Fantom on Windows 64-Bit for details.

Pre-Requisites

The installer assumes the system already has Java installed. JRE 1.6 or later is required to run Fantom programs.

Have fun!

tomcl Mon 6 Jul 2015

OK, so this is great, and just what I wanted, but....

I have Java on my system:

PS C:\> fansh Error: Could not find or load main class Files\fantom-1.0.67\lib\java\sys.jar PS C:\>

I install using your installer. All good.

I try to run fansh (or anything else) and get:

PS C:\> fansh Error: Could not find or load main class Files\fantom-1.0.67\lib\java\sys.jar PS C:\>

Best wishes, Tom

SlimerDude Mon 6 Jul 2015

Ah, okay.

I'm assuming you have a 64 bit system, in which case it sounds like \bin\fan.cmd needs some quotes, from:

@java -cp %FAN_HOME%\lib\java\sys.jar fanx.tools.Fan %*

to:

@java -cp "%FAN_HOME%\lib\java\sys.jar" fanx.tools.Fan %*

The above quotes have been added in fantom-1.0.67.002.exe.

Login or Signup to reply.