#2420 [ANN] Fantom Pod Repository

SlimerDude Tue 2 Jun 2015

First off, I'd like to thank tcolar for creating and maintaining the current Fantom Pod Repository over at Status302. It's a great asset that I use extensively and frequently.

And because I use it so much, I thought I'd try my hand at creating a new site with extended features. Development can be previewed here:

http://pods.fantomfactory.org/

It works in much the same way as Repo302, what with registered users being able to upload public and private pods. The extra features are mainly centred around pod documentation:

• Pods may have multiple document pages (mine tend to just have User Guide and Release Notes)
  • Syntax highlighting in Fandocs
  • Tables in Fandocs
  • Pod images may be referenced in Fandocs
  • API / Documentation may be viewed for all pod versions (see Atom 1.0.2 vs Atom 1.0.0.2)
  • Open Graph markup on selected pages for social media sharing.
  • Atom / RSS Feeds for individual pods
  • Basic Gravatar integration
  • Fandoc link validation reporting

Technically it is very different to Repo302; it makes use of Alien-Factory libraries (obviously!) and holds all its data in MongoDB. Like Repo302, the site / repository is also compatible with fanr.

When development has stabilised, the website will be released as a pod itself so anyone can setup their own private repository.

This post is not a fanfare entrance, but rather a heads-up. The handful of pods currently on the site are really just for demonstration and the website styling has been purposely left (for now) as plain vanilla Bootstrap.

In the upcoming weeks I'm hoping to polish the site; write the help pages, re-word the front page, etc... Oh, and upload some moar pods!

I'm looking to produce a functional and good looking repository that will benefit the community, so all ideas, feature requests, and bug reports are welcome. The email address at the bottom of the website is functional should you need it.

Have fun!

Steve.

SlimerDude Wed 24 Jun 2015

Hi, just to say that Pod Respository development should now be stable.

I've been using and tweaking the site for the past couple of weeks. I hope you like the changes:

• New pod summary layout
  • Home page shows latest pods and latest versions
  • Help pages explain publishing and fandoc writing
  • fanr query tweaks (internal)

http://pods.fantomfactory.org/

The website itself is now also available as a pod called Eggbox, so you may run and host your own Pod Repoistories!

Eggbox Pod

Eggbox setup is simple:

• Start MongoDB - C:\> mongod
  • Start Eggbox - C:\> fan afEggbox 8069

Eggbox features include:

• Admin User
  • Auto Login
  • Error report emails
  • Event logging
  • Google Analytics integration
  • Configurable About page and contact details

See the Eggbox User Guide for configuration details.

Have fun!

Login or Signup to reply.