#2309 OpenShift by Red Hat

Jeremy Criquet Fri 4 Jul 2014

I haven't found anything about this. Has anyone successfully gotten a Fantom web server running on OpenShift? I don't know if it's possible but I thought I'd put my feelers out. Maybe this can be implemented with them somehow.

SlimerDude Sun 6 Jul 2014

I've not tried OpenShift but given they have a Java platform it should be possible.

I've written a build pack to deploy Fantom web apps to Heroku - Heroku Buildpack for Fantom - which works in a similar fashion. You could use that for inspiration if it helps.

SlimerDude Tue 25 Aug 2015

Hi, has anyone got a Fantom web app running on OpenShift? If so, what cartridge / action hooks / DIY settings did you use?

I know @Shturman was looking into it at some point.

Jeremy Criquet Tue 25 Aug 2015

I gave it a shot but it seemed like quite a bit of work that I abandoned the idea. I'm still open to the idea though if someone wants to work with me on it.

SlimerDude Wed 26 Aug 2015

Okay, I've written some deploy, start, and stop scripts that install Fantom, download required pods, and build'n'run your Fantom app.

I can turn it into a quickstart demo like this java one that can be used as a template for OpenShift apps built with the DIY cartridge.

It'd be nice if there was a Fantom language cartridge that simplifies the process, but that's way beyond my current understanding of OpenShift - I only looked at it yesterday!

@jcriquet - any ideas!?

Jeremy Criquet Wed 26 Aug 2015

Yeah, I took a crack at this about 6 months or so ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. I remember making some deploy, start and stop scripts but I ran into some road blocks at some point. I think I tried the simpler route after that and used the DIY cartridge which was easier. Actually, now that I think about it, I remember getting something working. I'll have to dig through my computer and see what I found.

I was working on a WebCMS in Fantom for a senior project at school last year so I thought it would be great to incorporate that into OpenShift.

Login or Signup to reply.