#1214 Modify docCompiler to only copy resources from doc directory

vkuzkokov Fri 17 Sep 2010

I tried doc generation and it seems like compiled js pods are put into docs. By the way, did you try http://fantom.org/doc/sys/sys.js?

The main question here is: does this happen on purpose?

brian Sun 19 Sep 2010

I don't know why that is happening. Andy will need to comment and decide if that is a bug or on purpose. I would assume it is a bug.

andy Mon 20 Sep 2010

docCompiler::CopyResources copies these files from your res dir into the target doc directory:

["png", "gif", "jpg", "jpeg", "css", "js"]

The original intent here was to leverage the resources for documentation. The images make sense, but the css/js is questionble since all docs are managed using fandoc. Doesn't really hurt anything to have those in there - but since they aren't used, I could nix the css/js.

Does anyone have a strong opinion on the matter?

andy Tue 21 Sep 2010

We could also say there is a new docRes directory for build. Then the common case of pod resources wouldn't pollute the docs dir.

brian Tue 21 Sep 2010

We could also say there is a new docRes directory for build. Then the common case of pod resources wouldn't pollute the docs dir.

I think that it makes sense to limit what gets copied into the html doc directory.

The right directory is probably doc (excluding fandoc files themselves). That is where documentation resources in pods like docLang already live.

andy Wed 22 Sep 2010

Renamed from Compiled js in docs to Modify docCompiler to only copy resources from doc directory

andy Wed 22 Sep 2010

Promoted to ticket #1214 and assigned to andy

I agree with that. I'll modify docCompiler (and effected pods) to copy resources exclusively from doc directory.

andy Wed 15 Feb 2012

Ticket cancelled

Obsolete via new compilerDoc work 1613

Login or Signup to reply.